National Current Affairs
- The Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying has launched the Nandi portal to simplify the regulatory approval process for veterinary drugs and vaccines. The portal aims to speed up application processing and grant non-objection certifications (NOCs) for these important products, benefiting the industry and ensuring timely availability of safe and effective treatments for animals.
- PM Modi's visit to the Al-Hakim Mosque in Egypt signifies the deep-rooted historical and cultural connections between India and Egypt, with a particular focus on the Dawoodi Bohra Muslim community.
- The Adani Group launched the "Jeetenge Hum" campaign during the event, with the goal of rallying support for Team India and boosting morale ahead of the upcoming ICC ODI Cricket World Cup 2023.
- The Uniform Civil Code (UCC) is a legislative proposal in India aimed at establishing uniform personal laws that are applicable to all citizens, irrespective of their gender, sexual orientation, or religion. The objective of the UCC is to ensure equality and consistency in civil matters across the country.
- Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw, India's first Field Marshal and celebrated military general, is remembered on his 15th death anniversary.
International Current Affairs
- Kyriakos Mitsotakis of the New Democracy party sworn in for a second term as the prime minister of Greece with a clear majority
- DBS Bank India has appointed Rajat Verma as the new Managing Director and Head of Institutional Banking in India, following Niraj Mittal's move to become the Country Head of DBS Bank in Australia. Mittal will focus on growing the DBS franchise in Australia and strengthening links with South-East Asia and South Asia.
- Indian athletes demonstrated their exceptional skills and unwavering determination at the WTT Contender tournament in Tunis, Tunisia. The women's doubles duo of Sutirtha Mukherjee and Ayhika Mukherjee emerged triumphant in a thrilling final, representing a significant achievement for Indian table tennis.
- The ICC has unveiled the schedule for the upcoming ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023. This prestigious tournament will take place in India from October 5 to November 19, 2023.
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has chosen Aarti Holla-Maini, a highly accomplished expert in the satellite industry with Indian roots, to serve as the Director of the United Nations.